Do you want to capture your agriculture conference presentations for those that could not attend? Truffle Media can help you build your Conference Connection today.
Marketing and Agriculture Posts To Help You
- Audio: Do You Have Leadership Traits? - Ian Davis, retired Managing Director at McKinsey & Company, recently shared his top five leadership traits with Stanford's Graduate School of Business students. Ian has consulted with major international management leaders, seeing very good... and some not very good management teams. This half hour program is a great thought provoker for your management team and might be a good point of initiation for the 'up and comers' that are ready for advancement [audio][video].
- Learn How Social Media Is Being Used by HSUS - This presentation by Carie Lewis, Director of Emerging Media, The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), offers a great view in to how HSUS is strategic in its use of social media. While you may or may not like the HSUS, they do have a plan and know where they need to go. Everyone in agriculture needs to leverage this HSUS information to help advocate (a.k.a. agvocate) their agriculture, farm, and ranch story.
- Hacking The 2012 Farm Bill - From the Food + Tech blog: The Farm Bill Hackathon brought together (in person and virtually) 120 designers, data scientists, developers, marketing professionals, food policy experts, and USDA employees, to “hack” one of the most important pieces of legislation in the U.S. – the Farm Bill. Over the course of 12 hours, 5 graphics and 4 tools were produced, addressing issues as diverse as support to new farmers, the effect of subsidies on global hunger and how to crowdsource Meatless Mondays.
- Via SwineCast: 2012 Pork Events Coming Up Soon! - Reminder that the Minnesota Pork Congress is January 18-19, in Minneapolis, MN, followed by the Iowa Pork Congress, January 25-26, in Des Moines. Both of these opportunities offer ways to connect with the experts and discover more on the trade show floors.
- DairyCast audio: What is Weather Insurance? - Kyle Perry, Climate Corporation, shares how weather based coverage works above the current US Federal programs. APH database may be tracking yield data that is behind with current crop yields. This presents a risk of not covering yields above the historical trends. The Climate Corporation provides financial instruments to protect those higher yields.
- PoultryCast audio: Communicating Food Safety Difficult When No One Listens - Communicating with consumers is challenging on most topics, like food safety. Tony Flood, International Food Information Council, says creativity is key.
Stay connected: send us a note or connect via LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, or Facebook.
The Truffle Media Networks team