Information To Help Your Operations
- Video: Antimicrobial Resistance and Human Health? - Dr. Robert Flamm, Director of Antimicrobial Development, JMI Laboratories, gives a point of view of how antimicrobial resistance has developed over the last several years and offers recommendations to addressing issues. From the 2011 Antibiotic Use In Food Animals conference, October 26-27, 2011, Chicago, IL, USA. [video].
- Audio: The New Normal? - If you're hoping for lower volatility soon, economist Dr. Steve Meyer says it won't be evident in 2012. Noting he could see corn prices at $4, and just as easily see it at $8, the tight supply concern will likely continue. The potential for drought in the midwest only heightens the risk of supply interruption as Dr. Meyer noted in this abbreviated presentation for producers [audio] [slides].
- Chat: Spring Farm Planning - Spring is almost here and that means getting ready for a season change on the farm. Planting, juggling staff, readying new equipment are some of the activities that need to get done. And the weather? This AgChat convo shares what farmers and ranchers are doing to get ready for spring [chat].
- News: Expect More Public Review of Ag Operations
- Lewis Martin, West Pennboro Township in Cumberland County Pennsylvania, is proposing to build a 31,000 SF poultry barn located 1,645 feet from the Big Spring Creek watershed. His National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit application is being put to public review. Is this a trend? [post].
Your PoultryCast Host
Was this email forwarded to you? Signup
to the PoultryCast®