Agri-Marketing Posts To Help You
- Blog: Today in Agriculture - At the end of November USA Today delivered a media insert to seven major markets in the USA, titled Agriculture In America [PDF]. Developed by Mediaplanet, this insert covered topics such as women in agriculture, technology in ag, and the responsibility placed on farmers and ranchers. The focus of the media insert was to help increase awareness of the US non-agriculture population. For those interested in marketing and advertising metrics, the chart above (via http://bit.ly/AgInAmerica+) shows the activity from sharing the PDF digitally (social media, email, blog posts, etc) [blog].
- Blog: Journalism As Service - Jeff Jarvis, author of Public Parts: How Sharing in the Digital Age Improves the Way We Work and Live (Simon & Schuster, 2011) and What Would Google Do? (HarperCollins 2009), shares a personal perspective of what he believes journalism should be (and by extension, media should be): service focused. During the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, media shared high-level stories but for the people in the middle of the mess, this information was useless. Of greater value would have been what streets were closed, where is there electricity, when will gas be delivered, and where can fresh water be found [blog].
Focus on Agriculture Issues
- Article: How are Consumers and Farmers approaching Antimicrobial Resistance? - Is human antimicrobial resistance a result of animal agriculture's use of these important tools? How will current legislative initiatives affect our access and administration? Is there a track record in other countries to guide our decision-making? The One Health Approach to Antimicrobial Use and Resistance Symposium gathered prominent speakers and industry insiders in a unique round-table work environment. Under the auspices of the National Institute for Animal Agriculture (NIAA), the event follows up on last year's extremely successful Antibiotic Use In Food Animals. Thanks to the NIAA and symposium sponsors, the presentations are available to you on TruffleMedia.com and YouTube as a playlist [article].
- Audio: Is There Balance On Antimicrobial Resistance Discussion? - Dr. Leah Dorman, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation, shares on SwineCast.com the conference conversations and outcomes from the One Health Approach to Antimicrobial Use and Resistance symposium [audio].
Agriculture and the Media
- Video: Working Farmer Style - Following on their summer sensation I'm Farming and I Grow It, the Peterson Brothers released their newest farm awareness video Farmer Style (Gangnam Style Parody) during the 2012 Kansas Farm Bureau Annual Meeting. Note: It helps if you watch the original video they are parodying: PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일) M/V [Working Farmer Style video].
- Resource: What Research is Pork Checkoff Supporting? - One of the National Pork Board’s responsibilities is for Checkoff-funded research. Example research includes group sow housing, how to make the pork supply chain secure, and looking at weather impacts on agriculture. The Pork Checkoff page of SwineCast highlights recent Checkoff-funded research that producers may find valuable on their farm [resource].
- Event: Farmers, Ranchers, and Social Media - Not every farmer or rancher wants to learn Facebook, Twitter, or writing for a blog. But being aware of their potential and how they work can go a long way to greater understanding of consumer believes and media behavior. The AgChat Foundation is offering a regional education and training session February 23, 2013 in Rochester, MN, USA. The single day event includes sessions on building ag focused Facebook fan pages, telling your story about agriculture, and how simple video can show your farm operations [event info] [event registration].
Stay connected: send us a note
or connect via LinkedIn
, or Facebook
The Truffle Media Networks team