BeefCast update for March 6th, 2009, cows, dirt, and the EPA Plus stimulus package for agriculture
Update for March 6th, 2009
Today’s welcome warmer weather and sunshine have made me hopeful that Spring is quickly approaching. Hopefully it is the light at the end of the tunnel that we have been searching for. But asking for a little warm weather to stimulate consumer demand for beef, enhance the fed & feeder cattle markets, widen the choice-select spread, give haystocks a rest, etc. may be asking a lot. But hopefully the anticipated new season will at least help.
In reality, of course it is going to take hardwork and more knowledgeable decision-making to persevere in these tough times. We are all in this battle together though and we are here to help you. So don’t hesitate drop me a message with your concerns and challenges about our current business climate. You can always reach me at email@example.com.
Reminder, the upcoming Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Annual Convention will take place March 20-22 in Fort Worth. Along with the School for Successful Ranching, now in its 15th year, this will be a great event to enhance you decision-making abilities in these challenging times.
- Audio: BeefCast 0342, How much dust can your cows kick-up before the EPA gets involved?
- Audio: BeefCast 0341, Part 2, Other ways the stimulus bill may affect you.
- Audio: BeefCast 0340, Part 1, What the stimulus package means for agriculture and rural America.
- Blog: Dr. Ronald Lemenager, From the Beef Blog: Video Feature: Making COOL work for you. See more.
- Blog: Don Tyler, Changes in Motivational Priorities. See more.
BeefCast® Conference Connection
- BeefCast has available selected material from several presentations from the Cattle Industry Annual Convention, held January 28 - 30, 2009, Phoenix, AZ, USA.
- Reminder: BeefCast will be at the TSCRA Convention Weekend March 20-22, 2009, Fort Worth, Texas, USA. Selected material from several presentations will be available after the conference.
- Also, BeefCast will be capturing selected presentations from the The National Institute for Animal Agriculture's The Changing Face of Animal Agriculture conference, March 31 - April 1, 2009, Louisville, Kentucky, USA. These will be available at BeefCast's Conference Connection.
Was this email forwarded to you? Signup to the BeefCast® email.
Changed your name? Work at a new company?
Update your BeefCast® email profile.
Don't forget to add BeefCast® to your playlist!
Thanks, again, for listening and Happy Holidays!
Your BeefCast Host