Community ... don't try to force it
Submitted by John Blue on August 16, 2008 - 7:29pm.
Here are some thoughts:
- Don't create a community until there is a need. Just putting a place on the web for a community really does not work. Wait until there are questions and conversation happening through other channels (in person, email, phone, etc) before attempting to put a community pace on the web.
- Know what you are willing to accept in the community and watch it like a hawk. Work with the community members and give them power to act.
- Start small and keep it simple.
- Keep it straight and able to go from A to Z. Keep the show such that the audience you seek knows how to get it, use, participate, etc.
- Get partners that can do things better than you can.