Promoting and marketing shows to agencies
Submitted by John Blue on August 14, 2008 - 10:37pm.
Some quick points:
- While you may not like CPM, you need to provide that information.
- Have a media kit with the following
- Have a rate card.
- Have demographics or psychographic info.
- Know your market overview.
- Describe your podcast as an overview.
- Host bio? Get one.
- What's coming up in the show? This would be an editorial calendar.
- Provide some visuals and links on site.
- The rate card is just the start of a conversation. Most agencies will not buy off the rate card, they will want a custom approach. But the rate card helps start the conversation.
- Make the calls and you'll need to maintain the connections over a period of time. This is not a quick activity. Steady, progressive, action is required.