Video podcast show production using MacBreak as an example
Submitted by John Blue on August 16, 2008 - 9:08pm.
Here are some of his thoughts:
- Great comment: How much thought is done on what is already out there when thinking about a new podcast: None. They think about their topic and go with that. They leverage partners to make the show delivery successful.
- Equipment is cheap and people are expensive. Put in place process steps and tools that will save people time.
- MacBreak Weekly is what it is because of the guests.
- Keys to show quality:
- Personality. Find someone that will be that fit for your show.
- Sound is critical on video. People will watch bad video with good sound. Bad sound will put people off.
- Get a camera with an HDMI port.
- HV 20/30 is a great sub compact camera to utilize.
- Zaxwerks Pro Animator is a kung fu secret weapon for 3D creation ... simple and no need to know "3D" stuff.
- Camtasia is the best by far for capture.
- Plan. Plan. Plan. This will save you in post production.
- Put in place a naming convention and file structure. This will save you time when you need to find things.
- Backup, backup, backup.
- We don't mind making mistakes. We just don't want to make the same mistake twice.
- Three things to keep in mind
- Big soft lighting.
- Great sound.
- Capture and drive.